REPORTS TO: Clinical Program Director, Women’s Harm Reduction Program
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary responsibility for this position is to provide AODA and Mental Health therapy/treatment to program participants including group, individual, and family sessions as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This counselor will be responsible for providing counseling for women sent to our program.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct need assessments with client and develop appropriate treatment plan and treatment plan reviews
- Utilize the DSM-5 in conjunction with an AODA screen and assessment to diagnose and create treatment plans
- Facilitate evidence-based groups including Seeking Safety (trauma), Moving On (CBT), and other treatment and education groups as assigned.
- Coordinate drug screens from participants
- Provide individual counseling to participants on a regular basis
- Maintain working relationship with Benedict Center treatment team and with staff from other agencies providing ongoing care or supervision of client for coordination of client services
- Attend clinical supervision meetings
- Attend staff meetings and staffing with medical director and system partners
- Complete all documentation for treatment plans, discharge summaries, and all other documentation to comply with all state certification regulations
- Participate in client registration/orientation sessions as needed
- Complete reports and documentation that are required for Community Corrections, Courts, other agencies and funding sources
- Attend in-service training and staff development activities
- Attend other trainings as is deemed necessary to provide services
- Master’s Degree in psychology, counseling or social work or other related human services field or commensurate experience. At least 5 years of experience working with women with substance abuse and criminal justice involvement preferred.
- Must have Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC or SAC-IT) certification and/or Mental Health (LPC or LCSW) licensure in good standing by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Experience working with justice-involved women
- Commitment to the mission of creating a system of justice that is fair and treats justice-involved individuals and the community with dignity and respect
- Training in Trauma-Informed Care principles and Motivational Interviewing practices.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and to advocate on behalf of clients within the criminal justice system and the community.
- Commitment to providing services that are gender-responsive, evidence-based and that reflect the practices of Stages of Change Theory and Harm Reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of clients with Probation Agents, Courts, landlords, and other government agencies
- Ability to communicate and work well with women from diverse economic, racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and religious backgrounds in an open and respectful environment.
- Commitment to self-reflection, accountability and commitment to providing culturally-effective services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience with group facilitation.
- Sound judgement and ability to deescalate situations with clients
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and as a team-player.
- Computer literacy and experience with databases and excel worksheets.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and automobile insurance, preferred as local travel within Milwaukee County is a requirement.
- Experience conducting telehealth individual and group therapy sessions using Zoom or similar telecommunication platforms.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Paid vacation and personal/sick time
- 12 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Short-term disability, life, accident and other insurances also available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development opportunities
The Benedict Center is an EEOC Employer.
Send resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@benedictcenter.org