The Benedict Center is seeking a Drop-In Center Assistant, Sisters Program part-time person,
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide day to day support of operations of Drop-In Center space to provide a trauma-informed, welcoming and healing space for women to find hospitality, respite, sustenance, connection to resources and a sense of support and community.
- Engagement and connection
- Greet new and returning program participants to welcome them to the program.
- Check in participants and assist with securing their belongings in lockers.
- Conduct intake process with new women when they are ready.
- Maintain a regular onsite presence at Sisters Program Drop-In Center, including daily site opening and closing responsibilities.
- Perform necessary activities so that the Drop-In center provides a safe, clean, comfortable, respectful, and inclusive environment for program participants.
- Implement planned social activities (e.g. birthdays, award celebrations, art activities etc.) with the approval of manager or program director to engage and encourage client participation.
- Identify and support women in crisis with Sisters staff.
- Work with Sisters’ staff to link women with urgent and ongoing resources provided by Sisters, the Benedict Center and community partners.
- Respite and hospitality
- Provide weekly inventory updates to program manager. Perform stocking and disposing of expired food.
- Meal preparation to include cooking, serving, and cleaning in timely manner.
- Work with Sisters staff to supervise sleeping area and shower area as needed.
- Provide daily cleaning and maintenance of the Drop-In center.
- Sort, organize, and distribute donations to program participants, track distribution of bus tickets.
- Volunteer and intern support and supervision; working with community partners
- Assist Program Supervisor and Program Director in orientation of volunteers and interns, including program participants taking on volunteer roles.
- Support volunteers and interns performing duties including meal preparation, clean-up, washing of drop-in center laundry and donations organization.
- Welcome and assist community partners who have a role in the Drop-in Center including housing navigation, HIV/STD testing, evaluation, and other initiatives.
- Assist working groups meeting at the Drop-In Center with needs for space or technology.
- Evaluation and data collection
- Collect drop-in center daily attendance, participation and additional identified outcomes as directed by Drop in Center Manager or Program Director, and share updates at meetings.
- Provide data collection support for program.
- Sisters Program support and connection
- Participate in program staff meetings, in-service trainings, and staff development opportunities.
- Maintain strong communication with all Sisters staff.
- Meet with Drop in Center Manager on regular basis for supervision and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in programs that serve women, preferably women involved with the criminal justice system.
- Ability to work well with women from diverse social, economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds in respectful environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to harm reduction practice, trauma-informed care, self-reflection, accountability, and cultural competence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to participate, with support, in de-escalating and resolving conflict constructively.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate Drop-In Center early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to foster an environment of collaboration with program and agency staff.
- Computer literacy and experience with databases and Excel worksheets, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and automobile insurance are required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time as well as lift to 20 pounds.
- Part-time (28 hours per/week) position
- $15.00 per/hour
Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals. Benedict Center is committed to a diversified workforce.
BENEDICT CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: